Jose R. Reyes Memorial Medical Center

Jose R. Reyes Memorial Medical Center (Manila)

Watcher's Pass

Hallway to X ray Department

 View from the 4th Floor

 Overlooking the Department of Health Building

 Krysler (meningoecele patient) Picture was taken with his consent

 Me in my scrub suit

 Blood Mobile, Blood Line

Philippine Blood Center (Quezon City)

Releasing Area

I am loving my chosen craft. This job is self fulfilling and very rewarding in a sense that I am privileged enough and has a peculiar effect not only for others but for my whole being. It created a huge impact in my life. Tending to the needs of the patient always bring joy and happiness to me. 

My experienced at Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center is life-changing because every I've learned the value of friendship and love. I got the chanced in saving my patient's life by donating my own blood. Walang katumbas na saya ang naramdaman ko sa mga oras na iyon. It feels like iyong buhay ko ay may direction at purpose. Naramdaman ko din ang pagkakaiba ng pribado at pampublikong hospital. It's depressing but as a nurse I have to composed myself and act on professional manner. Emotions were mixed especially that JRRMMC is a public institution. I was used to private scenario in JRRMMC, it was different.

My patient case is Nasoethmoidal Meningocele and Club Foot. He is 17 yrs old from Zambales. It is an inborn abnormalities. According to Mayo Clinic site Clubfoot describes a range of foot abnormalities usually present at birth (congenital) in which your baby's foot is twisted out of shape or position. In clubfoot, the tissues connecting the muscles to the bone (tendons) are shorter than usual. The term "clubfoot" refers to the way the foot is positioned at a sharp angle to the ankle, like the head of a golf club. Clubfoot is a fairly common birth defect and is usually an isolated problem for an otherwise healthy newborn. Nasoethmoidal Meningocele is a mass in the base of the nose which exist between nasal bone and nasal cartilages.

Before the operation he was advised for NPO (nothing by mouth). June 17, 2013 @ 7am the patient was brought to the OR, lasted for 3 hours and 5 hours at the recovery room. He was transferred in his ward at 3pm. The patient was conscious and very aware. The first thing he asked was to have water but he wasn't allowed yet. First night after the operation he was asleep most of the time and for the 2nd day he talked about his experienced in the OR (how does it feel to be there, what was his fear before the operation, complains a lot about the catherization, how his body became numb when the anesthesia was inserted and etc.)

This job offered me a good salary, since his mother is my friend and Taiwan I've decided not to get a penny. I want it to be a voluntary work since I had an allowance and a dorm to lived, it was an easy job for me. His mother showered me with gifts, perfume, make up kit, 3 sets of scrub suit more than enough in the salary I've supposed to get. 

Yesterday was my last duty, because I had a prior commitment that can't be put on hold. It was my job interview and qualifying exam (lucky me, I've passed. Mag-aantay na lang ako ng tawag para magsimula) Pagdating ko sa bahay from work, binuksan ko ang aking bag to my surprised Vicky did still gave me a salary. It was more than I could imagined. God really is great. HE works in unexpected way. 

" The importance of things can be measured by how much time are are willing to invest in them. The more time you give to something, the more you reveal its importance and value to you. If you want to know a peron's priorities, just look at how they use their time. Time is you most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can't make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time. Whenever you give your time, you are making a sacrifice and sacrifice is the essence of love"  (The Purpose Driven Life)

Share this

Bhing
Receive Quality Articles Straight in your Inbox by submitting your Email below.

Ads2